A little bit of this, a little bit of that. Who really knows what’s in here. It’s the Morning Musings In The Midday Maybe.
LOUDON, N.H. – The greatest Modified driver of all-time?
But one has to wonder would that be the case if Evans had raced until a natural retirement instead of getting killed in his prime at 45 years old in an accident in 1985 at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway?
We ask that question with seven-time NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour champion Mike Stefanik pondering retirement either after this season or next year.
Can any argument be made that Stefanik should at least be ranked on the same plane, or possibly better than Evans?
And while we’re on the topic of arguing the rank and legacy of Modified drivers, some might argue whether or not Stefanik is even the greatest Modified driver of his generation.
Seven Modified Tour titles and 74 career division victories puts Stefanik in a stratosphere of his own over the last three decades, but there’s those that would argue that across the board Ted Christopher should be ranked close with Stefanik in the talk of this generation’s best. While Christopher doesn’t have the gaudy Modified Tour numbers Stefanik holds, his weekly racing short track exploits in an SK Modified might equal the table.
– Remember the days when the term “trail mix” represented something scarcely close to being healthy?
What fun was that?
Archer Farms Dark Chocolate Espresso Trail Mix from Target. Remember that, no it, love it. It’s basically street legal crack in a plastic pouch.
Just some debating points to throw out there for the masses to get riled up with.
– You know, you would think the good folks at Buffalo Wild Wings would let you know before your third round that the Grey Goose and Red Bull’s you’re ordering are running you $11 each. If we wanted to get held up we’d have gone to Boston.
– Swept up in the Grand Theft Auto V craze? Do yourself a favor and check out Conan O’Brien’s review of the game. Thank us later.
– Shocked here to see Lime Rock Park in Salisbury will not be part of the inaugural United SportsCar Championship schedule in 2014.
United SportsCar Championship is what has become of the merging of the American LeMans Series and the Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series.
Lime Rock had the ALMS and Grand-Am on its schedule this season. Grand-Am closes its season for the second consecutive year next week at Lime Rock.
Crazy to imagine it was just 2008 that Lime Rock Park officials spent more than $5 million to upgrade the facility so they could host the American LeMans Series and now the North American’s biggest sports car series will not even be visiting the facility?
– The view from the new and improved RaceDayCT seat in the infield media center at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, otherwise known as Ice Station Loudon.
Pretty sure the infield media center in Loudon has been recognized this week by the American Meterological Society as the coldest place in North America. This much is certain, SMI has no worries about the air conditioning system here, it works, and then some.
– It’s really hard to believe anything that comes out of the mouth of Michael Waltrip these days.
—- Follow RaceDayCT at Facebook
—- Follow RaceDayCT on Twitter