A little bit of this, a little bit of that. Who really knows what’s in here. It’s the Morning Musings In The Midday Maybe.
SOMEWHERE IN NEW HAMPSHIRE – The tears being shed for Michael Waltrip Racing over NAPA’s decision to drop their sponsorship with his race team are hilarious.
Let’s not over complicate what this is people. Said company pays you a lot of money to advertise for them. Said company expects positive exposure. When negative news gets tied to said company they likely will want to leave.
Since the Sprint Cup Series debacle at Richmond International Raceway two weeks ago many around the sport have tried to downplay just how egregious the actions were of Michael Waltrip Racing.
Manipulating a major sporting event is pretty bad. People offering their shock that NAPA is leaving or they condolences for Michael Waltrip Racing for being scorned really don’t get it. They cheated, they conspired to manipulate a sporting event and they caused the integrity of NASCAR to be questioned across the sporting landscape. It doesn’t get much worse than that.
Let’s be honest, NAPA has been through the Michael Waltrip mysterious “flip the car and walk home in your socks” escapade and the “rocket fuel” deal. How much can one company take?
– And by the way, think Brian Vickers might be changing his stance on that, I’d do it all over again if I had to stance?
– We now return to our regularly scheduled programming.
With the second race of the Chase for the Championship ready to take to the green this Sunday at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, is there any better time to hire a driving coach?
They don’t get much better than Dan Amon. Yeah, it’s absolutely an Onion All-Time Great.
– It’s the Uncle Shawny Wisdom Nugget of the Day: “Having the wrong backpack is like having a studio apartment without any closet space. It’s never gonna feel right.”
– “Well they closed down the auto plant in Mahwah late that month … ”
– If you’re attending the Whelen All-American Series event Saturday night at the Waterford Speedbowl, keep your eyes open for sprits in the night.
Word out of the Late Model pits is that the ghost of Scott Fearn is haunting one particular Rhode Island based team. Scary stuff indeed.
– We don’t really get all the “Tune in and see us” sentiment all over the social media from many involved in the Whelen Modified Tour. How about show up and watch us live because there’s plenty of good seats available.
Yes, Saturday’s Whelen Modified Tour F.W. Webb 100 will be broadcast live. And yes, it’s on Fox Sports 2.
Unfortunately, one has an easier time finding Paula Deen hosting a History of Rap Music retrospective than finding Fox Sports 2 on their cable system.
– Stafford Motor Speedway SK Light Modified driver Joey Ferrigno has officially gone global, though it seems the British spelling of his name is Farigno. Good to see RH2Way is going across the pond.
– Never trust a guy wearing short shorts with a dead squirrel for a hair piece singing karaoke.
– It’s Sylvania 300 weekend, time to see if we can go 72 hours surviving on Red Bull, Dunkin Donuts iced coffee and Twizzlers.