It’s time for you the fans to make the big decision.
Each week during the 2014 racing season the New England Racing Fuel RaceDayCT Support Performer of the Week will be chosen from among drivers competing in events in one of the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series weekly support divisions (divisions below the SK Modifieds) at Stafford Motor Speedway, Thompson Speedway and the Waterford Speedbowl.
And the new twist for 2014 is that fans will decide each week’s winner through a poll on RaceDayCT. Each week a list of nominees will be presented for the award and fans will decide who should get the award.
Each week’s winner will receive a $20 certificate for race fuel from New England Racing Fuel. Drivers must have a Sunoco Race Fuel decal on their car to be eligible for the weekly award.
Voting will conclude each week on Wednesday at 12:01 a.m. and the award winner will be announced. Don’t forget, after voting, click on one of the Social Media icons in the upper left corner of the voting box to share the poll with others on Facebook and Twitter.
This week’s nominees include:
- Tom Fearn: Got his first victory of the season in the Late Model feature at Stafford Motor Speedway.
- Jason Palmer: Won for the second consecutive week in the Late Model feature at the Waterford Speedbowl.
- Joey Ferrigno: Passed teammate Paul French for the lead with just over three laps remaining and went on to win the SK Light Modified feature at Stafford.
- Ryan Waterman: Passed Josh Galvin on the final lap for the lead and won the Street Stock feature at Waterford, snapping Galvin’s four-race winning streak.
- Johnny Walker: Got his second career victory in the DARE Stock feature at Stafford.
- Corey Barry: Won for the second consecutive week in the SK Light Modified feaure at Waterford.
- Justin Bren: Scored his first career victory in the Limited Late Model feature at Stafford.
- Dave Trudeau: Won the Mini Stock feature at Waterford.
Place your vote below …