The 18-year old Vasseur is the daughter of longtime local short track race Rich Vasseur.
Judging for the competition takes place Saturday at 10:30 a.m. at The Mall of New Hamphire in Manchester, N.H.
Two contestants will win the chance to sing the national anthem during events at New Hampshire Motor Speedway’s July and September Sprint Cup Series racing weekends.
Celebrity judges for Saturday’s contest include:
- Kerry Greene, current “Jeopardy!” champion and Volunteer Guardian ad Litem with CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates);
- Bob Duteau, VP of Booking at Live Nation, which has helped NHMS with booking the likes of Marshall Tucker Band and Frankie Ballard for pre-race concerts;
- Karen Kiley, WOKQ 97.5 FM morning wake-up show host and two-time Speedway Star judge
The finalist list includes:
- Nicole Vasseur, age 18, Ellington, Ct.
- Caroline Carter, age 26, Dover, N.H.
- Sheila Crosbie, age 32, Rutland, Mass.
- April Cushman, age 26, Swanzey, N.H.
- Rebecca Deschenes, age 28, Conway, N.H.
- Emily Judd, age 27, Newport Center, Vt.
- Isabel Keefe, age 15, Hollis, N.H.
- Stacy Lavalley, age 38, Manomet, Mass.
- Madelyn Paquette, age 15, Sudbury, Mass.
- Nicole Pelletier, age 12, Pelham, N.H.