RaceDayCT Live Updates From Thompson Speedway Icebreaker

Saturday and Sunday at Thompson Speedway RaceDayCT will be offering live updates from the track from Denise DuPont, Jim DuPont, Fran Lawlor and Polly Reid.

Comments

1. WeldingWonders says:

Nothing is as good as watching the race live. But if you can’t this live update deal is the next best thing. Much like radio of old you see the entries as your computer signals a new update. Using your imagination you combine what is written with what you know about the participants strengths and weaknesses to form a mental image of what’s happening at the track. Then anticipation builds for the next ding from the computer. It’s really cool. I hope it continues and gains popularity. Maybe even consider adding commercials to make it a new revenue stream.

2. Crazy in NY says:

Maybe even consider adding commercials to make it a new revenue stream.

Shawn…did you put him up to that?

3. Fast Eddie says:

I find them entertaining and informative even if you can’t experience them “live”. Reading them after the race is over is like a tape delayed “play by play” report. I think the Duponts with Fran Lawlor and Polly Reid do a great job of reporting. Thanks Shawn, for having them here. I can only make it to the track on Sunday but look forward to being up to speed on Saturday’s happenings by checking in here regularly. Thanks to all involved for the live updates!

4. Crazy In NY,
    No I did not.

5. darealgoodfella says:

Doug is blatantly pandering.

6. darealgoodfella says:

For those that missed it, Doug = WeldingWonders.

7. WeldingWonders says:

Crazy in NY, my favorite. What’s wrong with commercials. It helps support the web site and we all want that don’t we? But Shawn says no way so that’s good right? You could have mentioned what you thought about the reference to the old days of radio. Remember when we’d be listening to a ball game on our big old wood chassied radio’s Crazy, it would go dead and we’d have to start changing the tubes and fiddling with the antenna. We’ve come a long way baby, aye.

8. WeldingWonders says:

Well this indeed is good news. The National Weather Service says “Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 46. Northwest wind 8 to 11 mph.” for Saturday. That is a tremendous upgrade from two days ago. Sunday remains sparkling and “Mostly sunny, with a high near 47. North wind 8 to 13 mph.”. Ladies and gentlemen, start your engines.

9. Crazy in NY says:

Crazy’s your favorite ? (heartburn) maybe I’ll change my handle to Dug. ( No Shawn I’ didn’t really think you put him up to that..was tongue in cheek). Ah Doogie/ weldingwaters (whatever) My grandmother had a tube Philco not I. I did however grow up listening to AM radio especially at night. My love of the game of hockey came from the speakers of my Panasonic AM/FM alarm clock that had an amazing antenna. I wish racing had live play buy play like hockey and other fast sports do. I indeed follow the “action” with the updates on here and other sites. The Dupont’s do a great job to be sure but having the track announcer in my ear would be much better. btw Douglas my calendar age and how I feel are two different numbers. You may be old but I’m not. Looking for young Calvin Carroll to score an upset victory and the 01 to finish on the lead lap. LOL.. Bring it!!

10. darealgoodfella says:

Crazy, you’re Sybil’s favorite. Boy, oh boy! Aren’t you the lucky one!!!!

11. Crazy in NY says:

Hey..if takes the pressure off everybody else that’s a good thing. I’m up to it.

12. WeldingWonders says:

Sadly I know my admiration for you Crazy is unrequited. Change your name to cupcake if you like I’ll always recognize the cranky old curmudgeon way of writing. How can you not love the guy. First he named himself Crazy. Most importantly he always follows up the mockery and establishing distance with some additional insight on what’s mentioned that interesting. Always value added. You can’t help yourself.

13. WeldingWonders says:

Pennink’s driving. Speculation about Owen as sub over. Back must be first rate. Yea!

14. darealgoodfella says:

Doug (aka: WeldingWonders, Sybil, et al.), you can change your screen name as often as you like, it won’t matter. Your content will still scream: DOUG WUZ HEER!

15. Shawn, is there any word on who would fill in for Ryan preece if the weather cancelled the race in Texas today.

16. Franky,
    At this point no word on that should there be an issue.

17. RickyinMass says:

wonders with long sermons boring everyone and dareal up his butt every day. must be love.

18. Racer28 says:

Great job! Thanks for the updates. I wish they had a video screen to see the replay of the NEMA light that rolled. My first time to Thompson.

19. darealgoodfella says:

Only 32 cars practiced. What happened to the other 5?

20. thanks for all the updates

21. WeldingWonders says:

This is getting serious. Pennink with the car Todd Owen practiced last week dispels all notions of a tender back and takes the win. The rest of the top 4 familiar names with my fav Chase providing a bit of a surprise. Rocco who practiced fast the only disappointment. Seriously if you could have planned it could it have been any better kickoff to the Ct tour type modified racing season?

22. WeldingWonders says:

I’m calling out Crazy in NY. What’s the deal with Tommy Catalono? He’s a star in the ROC. Went down to Speedweeks and was mediocre and didn’t show at Myrtle Beach. Now he shows up at Thomson loaded for bear with a VMRS and NWMT . Are you knowledgeable in NY or just Crazy.

23. wmass01013 says:

18 heagy withdrew
    pitkat drove 44 and 82 in 1st practice, santod doing ISMA today
    blewett drove 76 and 6, preece in texas
    don’t think 33 cole came out for 2nd practice

24. Crazy in NY says:

Dug/ wedding wonders/ siball….go to Tommy’s Fb page. He’s talking about yesterday. You could PM him and ask him anything you like. He’ll set you straight. I can only offer conjecture. Now……..
    “Get off my lawn”.

25. WeldingWonders says:

Hey Crazy. Thanks for the empty taunting and proof you’re so dumb you can’t even copy the taunts of others right. And Sorry that simple Crazy brain of yours lost the ability to negotiate screen IDs. You’re just another nasty, humorless, empty slob with a gigantic chip on your shoulder and some negative spin always at the ready. I thought we could have some fun but that’s over. I’ll happily stay off your lawn in the future since it riddled with the weeds from your nasty personality.

26. WeldingWonders says:

Whoa did I just say that? Sorry Crazy. I’m just disappointed. Disappointed and frustrated that dummies like you and NH MOD CHASER and others I’m sure follow the leader on the screen ID deal cause you’re not bright enough to come up with your own taunts and mockery. So you go ahead and do you’re thing. Don’t provide any information from your region or the tracks in it. Chime in to make some nasty aside about anything you like. I promise to scrupulously stay off your weed infested lawn as well as you stay off mine. Again sorry.

27. RickyinMass says:

nwmt is up today. real series have heats. posers playing big time use clocks then play follow the leader. shows over.

28. Where thou art?

29. Crazy in NY says:

Wow!! but I’m a the cranky curmudgeon ? Thin skin much? Two post in response…looks like I occupy a place in your brain dude. I’m from NY so I’m tight with everybody here that races a Modified? I told you before I don’t know what “the deal” is with the Catalano’s. They live near Rochester I don’t live anywhere near them. WTH are you talking about? Sybil has your goat….sorry I didn’t know Dareal had exclusive use of that “taunt and mockery?. LOL Never happen again pal. From now on your dead to me. THAT’S IT !!
    here to fore I’ll refer to you as Phredo. (look it up if you don’t get the reference). Is that imaginative enough for you? Too bad you’re done with me and will never respond to this. Now we’ll all have to guess what’s going in your fertile l little mind.

30. WeldingWonders says:

Then we’re in complete agreement. Scratch one knucklehead. I feel better already.

31. Crazy in NY says:

This just in ,,Tommy Catalano finished 15th, Pat Emerling 33rd. When I see them in May I’ll get the complete lowdown. Stand by……..

32. WeldingWonders says:

Wow!! but I’m a the cranky curmudgeon ? Thin skin much? Two post in response (proof you can at least count)…looks like I occupy a place in your brain dude (yea an overused cliche). I’m from NY (ah, Crazy in NY…….duh) so I’m tight with everybody here that races a Modified? I told you before I don’t know what “the deal” is with the Catalano’s. They live near Rochester (but you said you didn’t know anything about them) I don’t live anywhere near them. WTH are you talking about? Sybil has your goat….sorry ( I’m Sybil in the reference you dummies all use but at least you spelled it right). I didn’t know Dareal had exclusive use of that “taunt and mockery?.(who’s Dareal) LOL Never happen again pal. From now on your dead to me. THAT’S IT !!
    (this is the good part, dead to him, “THAT’S IT” yet he continuuuuuuues.)
    here to fore I’ll refer to you as Phredo. (see, I’m dead to him yet he has a new taunt for me. You are special aren’t you) (look it up if you don’t get the reference) (sure, I’ll get right on that). Is that imaginative enough for you? ( again, what part of dead don’t you get). Too bad you’re done with me and will never respond to this. (changed my mind clearly since this post was so entertaining in it’s idiotic self contradictions) Now we’ll all have to guess what’s going in your fertile l little mind (I have the little mind but says “fertile I little mind whatever that is”).
    Now you know.

33. Rich G. says:

If you missed watching the race live on FansChoice.TV, they will have the race archived in a day or two. Pretty good coverage with a one camera operation.

34. WeldingWonders says:

This is why comments are so important. Thanks Rich G.

35. wmass01013 says:

DAMMM that was a cold race, 7ny runs out of fuel, wow, LFR wins, DOWLING was strong all day too, 36 cars made for lots of interesting racing, NO follow the leader at alllllllllllllll rickybooby in MASS

36. WeldingWonders says:

Thank you racedayct and Denise DuPont. This live update deal adds a new dimension to what is shaping up to be a banner season for the NWMT.

37. Doug lives in CT and doesn’t even bother to go to the race.He finds it more entertaining to sit on his computer and make insipid posts all day.It seems now that he has a couple of new enemies on these threads.Mr phoney baloney is juiced about the NWMT?Yeah right!

38. darealgoodfella says:

Doug (aka: WeldingWonders, Sybil, et al.), nothing like being at the track. Comments from an online feed are nothing like being at the track. Be careful… you weren’t there.