Hometown: Willimantic, CT
Waterford Speedbowl: 97 Saturn SC2 X-Car
Northeast Mini Stock Tour: 95 Saturn SL2
Four Cylinder Enduro: 95 Saturn SC1
Eight Cylinder Enduro: TBA
2015 Tentative Schedule
- April 20 – Lee USA Speedway, Lee, N.H. (Northeast Mini Stock Tour)
- May 2 – Beech Ridge Motor Speedway, Scarborough, Me. (Northeast Mini Stock Tour)
- May 17 – Lee USA Speedway, Lee, N.H. (Northeast Mini Stock Tour)
- June 27 – Oxford Plains Speedway, Oxford, Me. (Northeast Mini Stock Tour)
- Aug. 15 – Seekonk Speedway, Seekonk, Mass. (Northeast Mini Stock Tour)
- Aug. 29 – Oxford Plains Speedway, Oxford, Me. (Northeast Mini Stock Tour)
- Sept. 12 – Thompson Speedway (Northeast Mini Stock Tour)
- Oct. 11 – Lee USA Speedway, Lee, N.H. (Mini Stock)
- Oct. 17 – Thompson Speedway (Northeast Mini Stock Tour)
- Nov. 27 – Wall Speedway, Wall Township, N.J. (Four cylinder)
Schedule is tentative. Dates expected to be added upon announcement of Waterford Speedbowl 2015 schedule.
Bio: In 2012, Team KRAUT Paintshop expanded to a race team. Starting out at the Waterford Speedbowl in an X-Car, Mitch, with no prior experience had a very successful Rookie of the Year season, as well a traveling to different venues, where he picked up his first win in the Turkey Derby at Wall Speedway in Wall, N.J. For 2013, Mitch came close to 50 races, in 4 different cars. Overall we finished 4th in points with the X-Cars, 8th on the Northeast Mini Stock Tour and we made a start in a Super-X and several Enduro events.
In 2014 Mitch made 52 starts, including 21 in the X-Car division at the Waterford Speedbowl. He had two victories in the X-Car and was fifth in the Wednesday night points at the track and 10th in the Saturday night standings. He finished ninth in the Northeast Mini Stock Tour standings with nine starts in 2014.
He also made divisional starts at Hudson (N.H.) Speedway, Caraway Speedway in Sophia, N.C., Seekonk (Mass.) Speedway, Monadnock Speedway in Winchester, N.H., Devils Bowl Speedway in Fair Haven, Vt, Bear Ridge Speedway in Bradford, Vt., Star Speedway in Epping, N.H. and with the Vores Open Comp Cup at Lucas Oil Raceway in Indianapolis.
In 2015 Mitch plans to run full-time with the Northeast Mini Stock Tour, in addition to running select events at the Waterford Speedbowl. He also expects to field an X-Car for other drivers at the Speedbowl for select events. The plans are to start the season with an event at Hudson Speedway and close the season at the Turkey Derby at Wall.
Team Associate Sponsors
Andover Used Auto Parts
Andover CT, 06232
Biggins’ Auto Repair
1071 Main St
Willimantic CT, 06226
Z Best Pizza
237 Willimantic Rd (Rt. 6)
Chaplin CT, 06235
Z Best Pizza On Facebook
Mitch’s Youtube Feed
- Our 5th place showing at the Jersey Shore for Turkey…
- Our Wednesday season finale, when we were so kindly spun…
- Finished 4th at our first race with the 100lb weight…
- So we won this week. And uhh, it was tough.…
- This is the one where we ran out of talent…
- The Texas Roadhouse/Twisted Tea North East Mini Stock Tour went…
- We had a solid run, led a bit, and got…
- We led some, and lost it at the line. Fun…
Want to be part of the driver list in the RaceDayCT Pit Pass section? From the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour to the ranks of Legends, Quarter Midgets and Karts, and anything in between, everybody is invited to join in. For more information, email: RaceDayCTPitPass@gmail.com.